Sunday, February 13, 2011

Why Am I Always Getting The Flu








performance Turpiacque

November 27, 2010




I still remember the holiday in Genoa in June 1991. I was 11 that summer and was not impressed in my memory for games on the beach and swimming in the sea. It 's still alive in me the image of rubber slippers soaked in oil lost at sea and on the coasts to the outbreak of the tanker Haven, which took place on 11 April last year. Are shocking consequences of environmental disasters, such as the close (in time and space) episode that involved the intentional Lambro, awash with oil and fuel oil. There are many documentaries that show the consequences of these massacres, and I find that the scenes with the strongest emotional impact are those where the birds roam suffering impregnated with oil. As was the case with Bird Houses, I would like to highlight the performance Turpiacque, the similarities between man and animal, because, while respecting each other's diversity of species, I find there may be similarities.

Turpiacque performance highlights the tension of the animal that tries in vain to break free from oil and she's wearing the same time represents the concerns of human distress and the desire to escape from situations that are sometimes perceived as insurmountable. The water, whose symbolic value is related to purification, is compromised. Becomes a place of danger for the animal species linked to it.


A draft Nila Shabnam Bonetti
Organization Association Alchemical Laboratory
clothes and accessories Barbara Matilde Aloisio, Elena Salmistraro, Emila Sirakov and Mahboob Zavar
Music by Marco Cattaneo Elena Garegnani
Actresses, Jessica Scorza, Claudia Maina, Emila Sirakov and Mahboob Zavar
Federica Trucco Fugazza

0 comments:

Post a Comment